Accessing limited locations such as a manhole is made possible with the use of a manhole ladder which comes in a range of conventional lengths and widths to choose from.
They are usually made from aluminum and range from 10-12ft. although some manhole ladders have adjustable lengths for different depths.
When working near electrified lines, using a manhole ladder made of epoxiglas provides a higher level of safety. They are much simpler to transport than equivalent wooden or aluminum ladders due to the fact that they weigh significantly less.
Top 3 Manhole Ladders
Louisville Ladder FE8910 Manhole Ladder
The weight capacity of the 10-foot-long Louisville manhole ladder is 375 pounds, and it is rated as ANSI-type IAA. It has heavy-duty gussets under steps, double-sided 3-foot plastic rail protectors to prevent damage to manhole rims, new heavy-duty 180-degree boots that allow you to work on either side of the ladder, and Thick non-marring thermoplastic elastomer tread that is bonded and mechanically fastened to the upper boot.
The upper portion of the boot is made of a polypropylene copolymer, which offers strength, durability, and fiberglass protection. This ladder has been constructed in such a way that it not only complies with but also surpasses the safety criteria that have been established by ANSI, CSA, and OSHA for usage in manholes.
- Narrow width design
- Plastic rail protectors of three feet in length are used to prevent damage to the manhole rim.
- Heavy-duty ladder boots with an angle of 180 degrees for working on either side of the ladder
- A tread made of a thick thermoplastic elastomer that does not leave marks.
- The upper boot is made of a polypropylene copolymer, which offers strength and durability.
Available in heights of 10, 12, and 16 feet
- An excellent and functional ladder that is simple to transport to a variety of settings.
- Ideal for narrow stairwells, doorways, and manholes
- Ideal for hanging on the back of the door to the closet.
- Strong and sturdy
- Ladder boots make it non-slippery and safe
- Delivery packaging needs to be improved
Werner M7112-1 375-Pound Duty Rating Fiberglass Manhole Ladder, 12-Foot
This Werner heavy-duty rated fiberglass flat ladder is ideal to use in tight spaces such as a manhole.
The maximum weight capacity of this heavy-duty fiberglass manhole ladder is 375 pounds (Type IAA). The top rung of the ladder has mar-resistant aluminum hoops with vinyl coating on the end caps so that they may be removed from manholes.
The unique Alflo rung joints make it possible to achieve a performance that is twist-proof. Other features include slip-resistant Traction-Tred circular rungs, 3-foot interchangeable sleeves to prevent rail damage, and a combination rail shield and shoe to provide increased damage prevention.
- 12-foot manhole ladder with a weight capacity of 375 pounds
- 3-foot plastic sleeves that can be swapped out
- End caps for removal from manholes made of mar-resistant aluminum hoop
- Circular rungs with slip-resistant Traction-Tred treads
- The bottom of the rail is protected from damage by a rail shield and shoe combination.
- A very strong and sturdy ladder
- Work well for manholes as well as pipe trenches, and they
- Protective covering on top to prevent them from rubbing together.
- Light enough and easy to handle.
- Reasonably priced for a qualty ladder
- Packaging can be improved
Werner D1510-1 300-Pound Duty Rating Aluminum Flat D-Rung Extension Ladder, 10-Foot
The maximum weight capacity of this extra-heavy-duty aluminum extension ladder is 300 pounds (type IA). Aluminum D rungs with a slip-resistant and traction-tread surface are being used here.
Werner’s exclusive Alflo rung joint connection ensures that the rungs are in no way susceptible to twisting when they are attached to the rails. I-beam rails with an extra heavy duty rating The Shu-Lok function allows the shoe to either lie completely flat or be held in the spur position.
- Made of high-quality aluminum
- Maximum load capacity of up to 300 lbs
- Slip-resistant and traction thread surface Aluminum D-rungs
- Exclusive Alflo rung connection
- Heavy duty I-beam rails
- Modest weight and portability.
- High-quality construction
- Sturdy and not wobbly
- Affordable price
- Can be a little heavy for some people