Construction companies that use ladders and construction materials on a regular basis frequently travel to their job locations. Transporting critical equipment and tools has never been easier thanks to ladder racks. Driving from job site to job site is quick and easy because there is no risk of equipment sliding off the back of vehicles and injuring other cars or property. There are several types of racks on the market now that accommodate not only work vehicles, but also vans and SUVs. Building your own racks is also an option if you prefer to do things yourself.
A variety of materials are used in the production of ladder racks. The majority of these are made of anodized aluminum, which is advantageous in terms of longevity, corrosion resistance, and ease of maintenance. The cheaper cost of finishing also benefits the finished product of anodized aluminum racks. The lightweight element is useful when utilizing this sort of rack because your business vehicle’s gas mileage and load capacity are not reduced as severely as when using a heavier material, such as steel.
Steel, on the other hand, has its own set of advantages. The load accommodation rises while employing ladder racks made of a stronger material. While anodized aluminum racks may hold up to 750 pounds, steel racks provide a 100-pound improvement in load capacity. Many steel variants include non-invasive installation, allowing you to move the racks between vehicles, and providing flexibility when working on many sites.
Another factor to consider when deciding on the sort of ladder racks to utilize for your business is where the rack will be installed on your cars. Many are mounted on the roofs of trucks, vans, and SUVs, with the equipment sitting horizontally in the racks. If your company uses vans, the drop-down, sprinter, or inside rack may be right for you. These racks are attached to the side or interior of the van, enabling more efficient use of cargo space when driving to work sites.
Those looking for really personalized racks may benefit from the do-it-yourself option. It has been suggested that you research commercially available rack designs to obtain a sense of what you will be creating for your car. Choose your material and measure your truck, van, or SUV before creating a construction design. When considering this strategy, evaluate what your rack will be utilized for. If this is going to be a permanent attachment, you should drill the framework into your car. If not, temporary attachments such as C-clamps are recommended.
Top 3 Trailer Ladder Racks
StarONE Adjustable Aluminum Trailer Ladder Rack Fit for Open and Enclosed Trailers
The StarONE is an aluminum trailer ladder rack that is constructed of heavy-duty extruded aluminum and could be adjusted to fit any enclosed trailer came in sizes ranging from four to eight and a half feet.
This aluminum ladder rack can handle whatever you need to put on it, including ladders, pipes, or anything else.
Trailer roof rack that is enclosed and For maximum stability, each side mount requires four screws made of stainless steel.
This ladder rack is straightforward to put together using only hand tools and a drill.
- Can be adjusted to fit any enclosed trailer came in sizes ranging from four to eight and a half feet.
- Can carry whatever you need, whether it be ladders, pipes, or something else entirely.
- Made from aluminum that has been subjected to a heavy-duty extrusion process
- For added strength, each side mount has four stainless steel screws.
- Only simple hand tools and a drill are required for assembly.
- Robust and incredibly sturdy in many respects
- This rack can be attached to the side in order to be supported by a solid framework
- Very easy to install and adapt to the specific dimensions of your roof.
- The bolts that come with the rack are on the small side. Bolt sets that were 3/8 inches in diameter work better
The Lonwin is an enclosed trailer ladder rack constructed of heavy-duty extruded aluminum, with a unique male/female sliding design, and featuring four stainless steel screws per side mount for additional strength.
It can accommodate any size covered or open trailer, vehicle, or freight thanks to its height adjustment, which ranges from 22 inches to 26-3/8 inches.
This trailer ladder rack can also accommodate flat or circular roofs measuring from 4 to 8.5 feet in diameter. (48”-102”).
Included are two complete crossbars, which together will comprise one complete roof rack, as well as all necessary mounting hardware. In addition, it also has the capacity to support loads of up to 200 pounds.
- Constructed from tough extruded aluminum
- Suitable for enclosed trailer with a round or flat roof as well as an open landscape trailer
- Exclusive male/female slide design for an excellent fit
- Can hold up to 200 pounds of weight.
- The setup was quite simple and straightforward.
- Manufactured from high-quality materials
- It could be adjusted as needed.
- The overall quality of the components is exceptional.
- Can be used for work or leisure
- You may have to reduce the posts to a more appropriate height because they were too high.
Mountainpeak Enclosed Trailer Roof Ladder Rack
The Mountainpeak enclosed trailer roof ladder rack is a very versatile rack that can be utilized on flat or round roofs and can be mounted to the rain gutters of nearly any type of enclosed or open trailer.
This ladder rack bracket kit is constructed of extruded aluminum and includes stainless steel hardware. This rack allows you to add length or weight support to an existing roof rack to meet your carrying demands and with the improved welding, it increases the strength and longevity of this ladder rack.
Mounting these four aluminum brackets to each corner of your trailer’s roof is simple and takes very little time. Carry your ladders, kayaks, and whatever else you need to carry with ease using this handy accessory.
The maximum weight capacity is 200 lbs, with no more than 100 lbs per crossbar.
- Attached to the rain gutters of practically any enclosed or open trailer
- Can be used on flat or circular roofs.
- 2″ x 4″ lumber (not provided) can be inserted into the brackets to serve as crossbars for a custom ladder rack of any width trailer (4′ to 8-1/2′ wide).
- Aluminum extrusion with stainless steel fasteners
- Each crossbar has a maximum load capacity of 100 pounds.
- With a better weld, you get more strength and longevity.
Simple to install
- Reasonable pricing
- Really durable and remarkably simple to set up.
- The option to install your own cross bars made of wood.
- Works with a wide range of trailers
- Everything you need to put this up is included in the package.
- It is also able to carry a good amount of weight.
The rack is a little tall for some usage. However it can be trim to your desired height by easily cutting the rack.